To create an improvement plan, select Create Improvement Plan from the Improvement Plan module.
Next complete the improvement plan overview section to add some detail to the plan, including:
- number of years the plan will cover
- school information
- vision, values and aims
- consultation and collaboration
- tools for measurement
- factors influencing the plan
The Improvement Plan module offers two ways to add improvement priorities to an improvement plan.
- Select priorities from the Impact database. Impact includes 40 key priorities covering Scotland’s national improvement framework as well as other key aspects of educational development.
- Add custom priorities. It is possible for schools to create their own custom priorities for inclusion in the improvement plan.
Once an improvement priority has been added to an improvement plan, the next step is to add some outcomes.
The View Priority page provides a quick and easy way to get an overview of each priority, including:
- Overall responsibility
- NIF priority and driver
- Related QI
- Related Theme
- A list of all outcomes that have been added to the priority
- A list of all ‘How we will know’ statements linked to each outcome
A PDF of the priority can be exported and printed from this page.
Impact has a database of 40 key improvement priorities covering Scotland’s national improvement framework as well as other key aspects of educational development. However, schools may wish to add their own custom priorities to an improvement plan.
To do this, select Add custom priority from the Add Priorities page.
It is possible to assign overall responsibility for a priority, and tasks can be added via the Task Planner.
How we will know statements are linked to improvement plan outcomes, and show how we know if planned outcomes have been achieved.
With Impact it is east to link Improvement Plan priorities with the National Improvement Framework priorities and drivers